Friday, April 16, 2010

The struggles

To pause for a minute on complications from pregnancy and delivery and it does continue:-( I want to reflect for a minute of one of the hugest struggles anyone will ever face and unfortunately we all will have this challenge. That's losing a loved one. As a child, a neighbor lady once died. It was sad for that moment, but life continued. I lost my only grandpa I knew at age 6. Reflecting back, I only have memories of him being ill with an oxygen tube down his nose. I don't recall that changing my life much. I quickly overcame it not realizing the impact his death had on others. Now as an adult and having experienced the loss of my father, followed by my granmda less then a year later, and a year after that my last grandma. I didn't think it would ever stop. Then I remembered how I've heard bad things happen in three. I was reassured a little bit that maybe we'd get a break from funerals. Tomorrow-Saturday, April 17th marks my father's 8 year anniversary of his death. Even to this day, I struggle with the entire month of April-tears fill my eyes as I relive those last few days with him, watching him slip away. Once full of life and now just a few weeks into his 53rd year of life, it's cut short. Way too short. He's missed out on so much and we all have for losing him so young. Losing a loved one-child, parent, sibling, spouse, whatever is the biggest challenge I believe ever. So as you are all sitting there pausing for a moment on how difficult life is because it's raining or you have to pay in taxes, whatever it is, please take a moment to think about all of the sick fighting for their life and the families that are affected.

No comments:

Post a Comment