Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Another Life lesson-healthy kids-don't take this for granted

After a visit to the ER last night with my five year old son, and a couple hours later, he was diagnosed with an abdominal hernia. He's 5...really? Yes-not common, but can happen. I was so excited when baby number 3 came along and we got through the first year of life and no surgeries-wow. My first two babies both had surgeries as infants-fluke things-just like this. Now my always healthy 5 year old has been referred to pediatric surgery to fix it. The thought of handing over my son to a complete stranger-the anthestisioligist (now sure I spelled that correctly-blame it on lack of sleep) makes me nervous. I know it's a surgery that has been done before, but it's hard to not feel a bit worry on the thought of your child's life in someone else's hands. I never took for granted when my children are healthy. Having dealt with surgeris with my first two sons, a brain infection, bronchitis, this is dealable I know. People don't ever stop to count their blessings that they have healthy children until one becomes sick. Please learn this lesson now and not when you have to. Your children are precious. Enjoy time being spent with them and appreciate each day they give you a smile and happy to be healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment