Saturday, August 1, 2009

Feeling overwhelmed

Feeling overwhelmed in life? Everyone does at some point. Whether it be related to an unexpected bill or an illness. How to deal with it can make a difference. Choosing your attitude is the best way to approach it. Look at it as a learning experience. Do you best and accept the outcome, whatever it may be.

Dealing with gestational diabetes, I've gone through the steps...denial, acceptance, all. I've done a ton of research on the topic and do still believe my eating habits prior to the three hour test resulted in a false positive. Rather than dwelling on the burden of testing my sugars, I take from it I'll have a healthy baby and have controlled my weight gain. I've learned how to become a healthy eater despite my pickiness. That's the positive of a negative situation. I truly believe that if everyone just looks for what they can get positive out of it, they'll deal with the situation better.

No comments:

Post a Comment